Presta has gathered information from Mashable, Pew Internet, The Chronicle, Science Daily, Campus Tech and other reputable sources to create an infographic that reveals some interesting facts about today's modern college students and their dependence on technology. Below are just a few of those facts.
College Students and Technology
- 73% of college students (sample size of 500) said that they cannot study without technology.
- 38% of students cannot go more than 10 minutes without checking their email, tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
- 70% of students use keyboards to take notes instead of pen and paper
- 91% of students used email to communicate with their instructors
- Digital textbooks cost approximately 40% less than printed textbooks
The Future of the ClassroomTextbooks and notebooks are not the only items being taken over by technology on the college campus. Online courses are becoming an increasingly popular option.
- 12 million college students currently take one or more classes online with the figure expected to exceed 22 million in 5 years.